WELCOME TO SFPS ALUMNI FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO SFPS ALUMNI FORUM

St Francis Parochial School Alumni Association-Talisay, Camarines Norte

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A LIFE WORTH LIVING

Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnbaylon

johnbaylon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-03-16

A LIFE WORTH LIVING Empty
PostSubject: A LIFE WORTH LIVING   A LIFE WORTH LIVING EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD. -- John 3:3

What makes life worth living? Is it popularity, power, and influence? Not according to Harold Hughes, who after serving as Iowa's governor was elected to the United States Senate. What makes life worth living, according to this distinguished American, is a personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

In his autobiography, Hughes sadly confesses that in his earlier years he had been "a drunk, a liar, and a cheat." Hitting rock bottom, he decided in his shame and despair to commit suicide. Before trying to kill himself, however, he felt he had to tell GOD why. As he sobbed in distress, something miraculous happened. "Like a stricken child lost in the storm, I had suddenly stumbled into the warm arms of my Father." And as he experienced GOD's forgiving grace, he promised, "Whatever You ask . . . I will do it." That was the beginning of a new life for Harold Hughes, a life really worth living.

Any of us, no matter how defeated and broken we may be, can undergo that same transformation by simply opening our hearts in faith to JESUS CHRIST. That's the promise our Savior gave to Nicodemus one night long ago (John 3:16)—the promise of a new life, a life abundant and eternal, a life worth living.

Thou art our life, by which alone we live,
And all our substance and our strength receive.
Sustain us by Thy faith and by Thy power,
And give us strength in every trying hour.

THERE IS A LONGING
IN EVERY HEART
THAT ONLY CHRIST
CAN SATISFY.
Back to top Go down

A LIFE WORTH LIVING
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WELCOME TO SFPS ALUMNI FORUM :: SFPS ALUMNI FORUM PORTAL :: NEWS-
Jump to: